Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Valentine's Day

We didn't do a whole lot for Valentine's Day.  Mike had to work all weekend so it was just me and the boys.  Quinn had been asking to make cookies for forever so I thought Valentine's Day would be a good time. 
 I told Quinn to pretend like he's taking a bite of his cookie for the picture.  He uses his opposite hand instead.  I thought he was so silly!
 Paxton just ate all of the frosting and cookies.  Although, he started to frost this cookie.  He stopped once he realized how good and delicious it was!
 Quinn is into sharing so we had to take some to our neighbors.  Mike had gotten home late that night so it completely threw me off of schedule.  We were knocking on doors and I was so embarrassed when I had learned what time it was.  Needless to say, Quinn and Paxton should be in bed!
 
Also, I have a secret sister.  I hadn't done anything for her since I was assigned to her.  I thought Valentine's Day would be a good day to start.  I wanted to heart attack her door.  I started making hearts the day before.. I think.  Quinn noticed what I was doing and wanted to help.  I let him get his kid scissor and give it a whirl.  Well, he loved it!  He wanted to do it the rest of the day.  He kept making hearts and put them everywhere.  Our house was covered with them. 
 
He loved putting them on her door.  He was so super sneaky and quiet... except for when he tried to knock on their door.  He was in rhythm from the other houses of giving cookies away that he had forgotten what we had talked about.  As you know, most 3-year-olds are not great at keeping secrets anyways.  I called her by her first name since he doesn't know her by that.  I could see him telling her that we were at her door last night hanging up hearts.
 
Well, that sums up Valentine's Day for us.  Other than Mike and I did go on a date earlier in the week since that was when he had time off.  :)


No comments: