Monday, March 17, 2014

Happy Birthday Paxton #2

Paxton's birthday was on Saturday. We knew that we were going to celebrate at Grandma Rockwood's house on Sunday so we didn't do much on his actual day. I did take him to get his free balloons and let him pick out a toy at the store.  After nap time it was barely nice enough for us to go outside.  I think this was the highlight of his day.
Every time we go outside, Paxton begs to be pushed in the swing.
This is Quinn's choice of activity.  This is a sad little sand box.  We are going to upgrade and improve it this year.  We definitely need new sand too.  They don't seem to care and still play in it as is.
We thought it would be fun for him to blow out candles although there's no treat to go along with it.  This was right before bed time.  He blew out candles several times and was happy.
This is Paxton's bee cake.  Initially, I made this for a Relief Society Activity and it wasn't even touched.  I had planned to make Paxton a cat cake.  I figured I didn't need to make another one since I still had this and lots of cupcakes leftover.
 
The reason for the cat cake; Paxton likes to pretend he's a cat or a dog for a good portion of the day.  More often than not he's a cat.  I made Quinn a dog  cake in years past so I thought doing a cat would be different.
This is at Grandma Rockwood's house.  This is on Sunday.  We had a dinner, let Paxton blow out his candles, and then open presents.
Paxton enjoying his cupcake; at least he's happy here.  He's been so whiny and grumpy lately.  I thought his behavior was going right along with his age.  Then last night it dawned on me that he's probably teething; getting his 2 year old molars.  That can make any guy grumpy and wake at night!



This is the toy that he picked out at the store.  I thought it would be perfect for him.  It calls for bubble bath solution.  I thought I picked some up but it ended up being body wash.  Oops!  So, Paxton was a little disappointed because it didn't work.  When I go out next, well, it's on my list.  I tried dish soap, the bath wash, and other things.  We didn't have any bubble solution either.
This is also one of Paxton's new toy.  As you can see Quinn is enjoying it.  You can see what Paxton was busy doing while Quinn was playing.  Later, Paxton joined in the fun and loved this toy!
 
I love this toy so far.  It has held their attention.  A lot of toys, m boys are done playing with them in a half hours time.  It's good for Quinn and Paxton's age as there are different things to do.  The best thing; it comes with a motorized train.  This toy is highly recommended by me.
Some things about Paxton
  • Paxton loves soft blankets!  He has a specific brown one that he loves.  It was given to us as a family gift for Christmas.  Well, Paxton has taken it over.  If anyone is using "his" blanket he goes crazy.  We just let him have it.
  • He is addicted to his binki.  He was to the point where he used it just to sleep at night and during nap time.  Well now he wants it ALL OF THE TIME!  I don't know if teething is what has made the change or if he just decided now that he loves it.  Either way, it needs to go.  Preferably before the baby comes.  That's the last thing that we need to work on.
  • Paxton has been using the toilet since the very last of January.  Yay!  He still uses diapers/pull-ups at night and during nap time.   I don't trust him enough without one yet.  He's getting it!
  • Paxton is 27 lbs. and 35.25 inches tall.
  • Paxton has a very contagious laugh.  Most people comment on it.
  • Paxton loves Quinn and wants to be just like him.
  • Paxton is a mama's boy!  He hates nursery and being left without Mom!
  • Paxton loves his dad and loves harassing him.  He will pick on him right when he walks in the door from the work.  He calls his dad, "Gaga!"
  • Paxton goes to men better than women.  It doesn't matter their size.  It seems he can pick out the most scary looking men and just love them.  Luckily, so far I've known them all.  I would think they're intimidating and most kids would cry.  It doesn't matter to him.
  • For his age, I think Paxton is a fast little runner.  He loves to steal things from us and run.  He loves the chase.  He'll pick things that he knows we want like the wii remote, hairbrush, soap, etc.  If we are using it, he takes it.  Sometimes, he takes it to hide it if we don't run.  I wonder if that's our punishment for not chasing after him.
  • He loves to pretend.  Usually he pretends he's a dog or a cat.  He'll crawl without his knees touching the ground.  Quinn crawled like this too.  He'll come up to my legs and rub against them and meow or bark.  At times he gets a hold of Quinn's costumes like his superhero, dinosaur, or doctor costume.
  • He loves to play peek-a-boo.  It's better if he's in charge.  He'll put a blanket over his head and walk around like pretending he's a ghost and then say peek-a-boo.  Sometimes he uses a box.  This scares me to death because I'm afraid he's going to run into something and fall.  So far he's been all right.  Quinn used to do this too.  Well, at times he still does.  Silly boy!
  • Paxton loves to say hi to everyone.  How he says it is so cute.  He gets good response from it.  Most people smile or laugh.
  • Paxton is very helpful.  He loves to clean.  He particularly like to vacuum and sweep.  He will take a rag and wipe up his mess.  He will clean up after me.  If he sees something out of place he will put it away.  Often, I have a hard time trying to find something and then realize Paxton was helping me out.  The item will be where it belongs.
  • Paxton loves stuffed animals.  He loves to cuddle with them.  He particularly likes their tails.  He will take the very tip of it and put it almost up his nose and cuddle that way.  He does this with his blankets too.  He will put them up to my nose to share.  He assumes since he loves it so much I will too.  It just makes me laugh.  He also likes to pretend the stuffed animals are real.  He will put them in his high chair and feed them breakfast, swing them, put them to sleep, etc.
Things that Paxton got for his birthday; a cat mask and tail, a dinosaur mask, a bubble blower, money, v-tech train station, sand buckets, ADIDAS warm up pant and jacket, and a around my farm explore and play book.


No comments: