Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Random Thoughts from Quinn

Quinn lately has been obsessed with death.  I'm not sure where it came from.  I think it started around Christmas when we were talking to him about JC and how he came to earth as a baby.  He learned that he died but came back.  He's had questions ever since. 

He thought his primary teacher had died because she was gone for one week.  She was there the next Sunday after.  After church he ran up to me and said Sister Thompson died but she came back.  She's not dead anymore.  I think he thinks this way about what happened to Jesus Christ.

Quinn keeps asking if he's going to get a new mommy or how long I'll be gone.  He doesn't want to die.  He's afraid of it.  He doesn't want anyone else to die.  He asks all who will die.  I explain the best I can but I'm not very good with words.  It's good that Mike helps out.  It helps that he gets two different people telling him the same thing. 

What he says no is, I'll die in a lot of days or a million days.  We will be together forever. 

Most of the time, I try to talk about something else so he doesn't perseverate on it.  I'll turn his focus in a different direction. 

His new thing is; he knows JC is going to come again for the second coming.  He knows that he's in heaven looking down on us.  He used to pray for him to not fall down to earth.  But lately, he's been saying how he hopes HF can come and have dinner with us.  I'm not sure where this came from.  He talks about it a lot!

Knowing that I'm pregnant and about to have a baby has raised a lot of questions too.  Not in that way you might think.  He wants to know about where the baby is coming from, what heaven is like, what she's used to, etc.

There are some other things that goes along with this post but I can't seem to think of them at the moment.  I'll update it as they come to mind...

No comments: