Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Forts

2/20/2014
Mike brought home some boxes from work. They absolutely loved them! They played longer with these boxes than they have with any other new toy. Go figure! Mike even put a doggy door on their boxes.  They would pile blankets and jump inside.  They stack their little toys chairs in there too. They thought they were so cool that they wanted to sleep in them for nap and bedtime.  Quinn already sleeps on the floor just because he thinks it's cool! I thought why not?  Sure!
Mike thought that they would just play in them and not sleep.  Paxton was so cozy and comfortable that he fell right to sleep.  Paxton proved him wrong.
Quinn on the hand was a different story.  It took him forever to fall asleep.  Notice how he sleeps naked?  (He does have underwear on.) 

He's pretending to sleep here.  He thought it was neat that I wanted to take pictures of him and his fort box.

Quinn and Paxton got some leg warmers.  Since they prance around in their underwear or a shirt and underwear, they thought this was a genius idea to help keep them warm.  They're probably repeating what I said about them.  Mike says I'm girlifying them with their leggings.  They're little boys and we are just at home.  If they have fun with them what's the big deal?  Well, Quinn didn't take his off for 5 days.  I can't remember why he finally gave in into taking them off.

 
On a different note; Quinn has learned all of his alphabet.  He now needs to learn their sounds.  He's learning to write his name and to count higher than 20.  This shouldn't be too hard of a goal.  He basically has it down already.  He just needs to learn to put his name in the correct order.  He'll just write the letters in random order or all over the page.  It's hard for him to hold the pen correctly still but he's been practicing it that way anyhow.
 
Quinn is such a little sponge.  He loves learning.  A lot of the time, it's his idea.  He'll ask for me to read stories, to learn his letters, to practice his name, etc. 
 
One of his new things is that he likes to make piles.  There are piles of something, usually blankets or clothes, everywhere I go.  I'm not sure what the obsession is but he sure loves it!
 
Paxton has transitioned well into Quinn's room.  He sleeps in there.  He doesn't complain or make a fuss.  He occasionally gets out of bed but I march him right back.  A lot times he doesn't get up but if he does it's just one or two times before he'll stay.  He doesn't like it when Mike puts him down.  He has to see me first.  If Mike is doing their routine I'll go give him hugs and kisses so he knows I'm still there.  It doesn't work very well for me to go to bed early.  Paxton just freaks out.  I don't know if it's his age or a stage he's going through.
 
The thing that we need to work on now is taking his binky away.  He absolutely loves it and is so addicted to it.  I guess it's mainly at night or when he's tired.  I thought he's done so well on my other objectives or goals that he's been through a lot of changes as it is.  The binky thing can wait for now.  Although, I think I'll try to take it away before the baby comes since I'd rather deal with it before rather than later.
 
It's weird for me to look at these pictures of their long hair.  Since then they have received hair cuts and look different.  They're always so cute and handsome no matter what length their hair is.  It's just new and different.

1 comment:

Bryan and Karalee said...

Those leggings are not girly!!