Saturday, January 25, 2014

Pottying

I was talking to my friend through text messaging about some stories of Quinn about going to the bathroom that I have not written down.  I thought they were funny and cute.  I don't want to forget them.

Quinn is really funny about going to the bathroom.  He will come out and tell me what color his pee was.  That is because I mentioned to him that if it's yellow that means that he needs to drink more water.  If it's white that is a good sign that his poo will be good.  He has taken it to heart.  He also eat anything that I tell him will be bad for his poo.  He doesn't want it to hurt and will do anything to make sure it's soft.

The other thing that he'll do is if he goes poop he will come and tell me what he think it looks like.  The most common ones are ice cream and a dinosaur.  He is so proud of himself for doing his business.

The other day when we went over to my mom's house he came down the stairs with his pants down to tell me to wipe his bum.  He yells it so loud and clear.  My 9 year old niece Sublym shakes her head and says, "That must be so embarrassing!"  It doesn't even phase Quinn. 

We were at Jacen's birthday party when he went to the bathroom.  He comes out and yells that his bum needs to be wiped.  Everyone just starts laughing.  It doesn't embarrass me either.  It's just part of life and part of raising a 3-year-old.

I'm waiting for an incident like that to happen at church.  Since I'm pregnant and have a belly now; he thinks anyone that has a belly is pregnant.  He will ask.  That has been a little bit more embarrassing.  He's just trying to make sense of everything.

Another thing before I forget; Mike was getting ready for work.  He has explained to Quinn before that his job is take care of Mommy and Paxton when he is not around.  He was making conversation with Quinn.  This came up again of how to take care of Mommy (by listening, being nice to Paxton, playing nice, etc.)  This particular time though Mike asked if he was up to the task and Quinn replies, "Dad, I'm just a sunbeam!" in a sarcastic tone.  It was really funny and cute.

Because Quinn goes potty and Paxton watches him, Paxton has been sitting on the potty and playing with it.  He hasn't gone in it.  I think he knows when he is going.  When he pees he flings his pee pee around watching it come out.  He'll come show me too.  It never fails that he goes potty once his diaper is off and we are getting ready for a bath.  He won't pee in the bath.  He always gets out.  He pees on the floor.  I have his potty sitting there.  I tell him and show him each time where to go.  He won't.  One day I'm hoping he'll just get it and pee in the potty.  I have not put any real effort into getting him potty trained.  This is just what Paxton has done on his own.  I'm just on the side lines hoping.

No comments: