Saturday, January 11, 2014

Christmas Morning/Day

Grandma and Grandpa Rockwood came over for Christmas morning. They're all ready for the day and as for us; well obviously am not.
This was Paxton's favorite toy.  It was one of the first opened.  He was not interested in opening anything else.  That was okay since Quinn was so eager to open everything and everyone else's gifts too.
 
Every time we went somewhere and they had these, Quinn would want to take them home.  He would throw a fit, cry, and whine.  As time went on he got better about it but was still disappointed that he didn't have any of his own.  This is one of the many things he chooses to sleep with, play with, to take to church or places, etc.  He had asked for these from Santa.  It looks like his request was granted.


 This is also something that he had asked from Santa; a helicopter transformer car.  Even though this is technically what he wanted and was happy to receive; it is one of his least favorite toys.  What?!?  After all this dreaming and hoping?  Whatever!  He always gives this one to Paxton to play with.  Silly boy!  What he really likes is the bumblebee car.  He also got Optimus Prime Semi-Truck that is only Semi-cool.

Look at how long my hair is getting!!!

I hope your morning was better than this!

I was trying to get Quinn and Paxton to model their new pajamas and bath robes. Despite what the picture depicts; they actually really loved them. Quinn would run all around the house saying, "Turbo Power." He thought he was the coolest ever. Since Quinn was doing it, Paxton had to do it too. These were a good choice!  This is the only picture I have of him in it; of him crying.  Oh well! 
Quinn got an electric train.  He thought it was cool but was disappointed that we didn't have a bigger spot to put it. We couldn't use all of the track because we ran out of room.  We went to the train show in October and he fell in love with an electric train similar to this one. 

Paxton would just sit there and watch it.  At first he was sitting closer but he would keep snatching the train as it passed.  Quinn would get mad.  When I moved him back he was still content and didn't really care.
 
After we opened presents we had a breakfast with Gma and Gpa.  They brought over a griddle and Gene made pancakes and sausage for us while I made eggs.  For some reason it seemed like there was more food but I can't think of what it is.  It doesn't matter.
 
We hung around the house and put the kids down at nap time.  I wanted happy kids on Christmas Day.  It was a long night so we were all tired.
 
After nap we went to Gma and Gpa Jenkins.  It was so weird to not have anyone there.  Usually the place is hopping.  We were the only family there.  We watched Ephraim's Courage (or something like that...it's the new church show that has recently come out).   I didn't get a lot out of it since I was helping Quinn with his puzzles and trying to keep them somewhat quiet so the parents could somewhat enjoy the show.
 
Overall, it was a good Christmas Day.
 
What I've learned; Quinn already thinks Christmas is about Santa and not about Christ.  I don't know if that is our fault or the world's.  I do know that it is my responsibility to teach him and I will have to do better next year.  Next year, he'll be a little older and will be able to understand more.
 
I think it will help if I put more emphasis on Christ.  That is a goal I have for this next coming Christmas season.

2 comments:

Jessie said...

Quinn has the BIGGEST smile! Isn't it funny what toys these kids decide are favorite? Merry Christmas!

Bryan and Karalee said...

Looks like a fun Christmas! I loved your comment where you said the semi-truck was only semi-cool. I laughed out loud! Too funny. And yes, your hair is crazy long…must be those pregnancy hormones…or just your rocking genes!! Lucky!