Monday, January 27, 2014

Pregnancy Woes

This is what I currently look like pregnant.  This was taken on 1/22/2014 so the next day would mark being pregnant for 27 weeks.  I thought I was carrying a lot smaller.  It took me forever to show (not complaining).  I all of a sudden just popped and feel huge!  I think I am just average now...but probably smaller than when I was carrying the boys.  I go to the doctor on Wednesday for a check-up.

I really can't complain.  I haven't had any problems with this pregnancy.  I'm starting to swell a bit in my feet and hands.  It's very minute.  I can tell my body is doing it's thing.  I have been so sore and have had a lot of ligament pain.  I guess that's a good way to describe it.  I'm glad for it.  I had a little with Paxton and none with Quinn.  This time my doctor said that he would give me the choice to do c-section or v-bac.  If my body is showing the signs to do v-bac I'll do it but if not I won't.  There still is a risk since I've had two C-sections.  My uterus could rupture.  He also said if I choose v-bac I have to go all on my own.  I can't be induced since that increases my chance of my uterus rupturing.  If I end up going a week over they will break my water and hope that my body takes over the rest.

I'm kind of nervous since this will be my first time doing v-bac.  My first experience was horrible and ended in an emergency C-section.  I'm afraid my body just won't/can't do it.  It would sure be nice to have a shorter recovery and not wait for 6 weeks to be able to hold my boys.  There are a lot of benefits to v-bac.

1 comment:

Bryan and Karalee said...

You look great!! Not big at all! I'm excited to meet this sweet little girl!