Saturday, January 11, 2014

Getting Ready for Christmas and Other Activities to Pass the Time

 This is the only picture I got of the boys together in front of the Christmas tree.  Notice how the tree is leaning against the wall?  Paxton kept going behind it and knocking it over.  I got sick of picking it up.  All of the ornaments are off since they love to play with them.  A lot of them are broken.  Putting them on the top of the tree didn't work either since it would often be on the ground.
 There are a couple of ornaments here.  They didn't last long.
 I had the boys paint ornaments for Grandma for Christmas.  It looks like they painted more of the paper and themselves than the ornament.
 They played with a lot of play dough.  They would sit at the table for hours just playing.  It was a great time for me to get things done...like the dishes and other housework.  It sure is messy so I had to save the dining room for last.

 I brought my body pillows out from storage.  The boys thought they were great for making beds anywhere and everywhere around the house.  I, of course, had claim on one and Mike and Quinn fought over the red one at night.  I didn't realize they would be so popular and probably should have brought them out of storage sooner.
 I had to refill my flour jar and stupid me left the bag of flour on the floor.  This is the result.  He had so much fun!
 Quinn decided that he wanted to paint something else for Grandma for Christmas.  We are so bad that it is still at our house.  Maybe we can give it to her for her birthday or Mother's Day?

 We had a FHE where we made graham cracker houses...a HUGE SUCCESS!!!  I was kind of nervous since they were so young.  I hot glued the houses first while they were napping.  Then, later, let them decorate it with candies.  It worked out great!
 Paxton, at first, was actually doing what he was supposed to do.  He would put the candies on the house.  After a while, he would eat them once they were placed.  Then, he got smart; he would skip that step and just eat them straight from the table.
 I don't know who had more fun decorating the graham cracker house; Mike or Quinn.  Mike and Quinn had one house and Paxton and I had the other.

This is Christmas Eve; setting the cookies out for Santa. I wanted to make cookies for him but we had so many things going on that we didn't have time.  He got some Oreos and apparently loved them since they were all gone the next morning.
 
We went swimming at the Aquatic Center during the day.  That was totally worth going since the boys loved it so much.  They didn't want to leave.

No comments: