Thursday, January 23, 2014

Quinnisms

Quinn is one funny kid! I don't know if it comes with the age; but I am loving the things he says and does.  He is getting to be more fun and more enjoyable.  I love him learning things and getting excited about the simplest things in life.  It is so much fun having him around.

This is a recent of picture of Quinn at Leo's.  We took him there as a reward for learning a portion of his alphabet.  Mike made the deal with him thinking that he wouldn't be able to do it.  When the pressure is on; he is able to pull through and amaze us. 

About this dinosaur-This is what he got from his tickets after playing those arcade games.  He loves this dinosaur.  He sleeps with it.  He eats with it...or should I say the dinosaur is the one eating everything?!?...not Quinn.  He is constantly ROARING (still!)  He has a book that says that ROAR means Hello and Goodbye.  This book just encouraged him to be more loud and obnoxious with it.  This dinosaur has caused a lot of havoc at this house.  It gets into trouble a lot!  That's okay with me because I'm fine with dinosaur being in time out.  It makes it a little more quiet around here.
 Some things that Quinn has done lately that has made me laugh or smile
  • Quinn was playing on my bed.  He was farting up a storm.  I asked him if he needed to go the bathroom.  He replied, "NO!" Then he said, "Mom, my bum is just talking to you!"  Hahaha!
  • We went to a baptism.  I did my best to explain what being baptized was, etc.  Apparently, I did a really bad job.  Quinn thought that he was going to be dunked in the water and was deathly afraid.  He was so worried.  Before the baptism, he was whining and crying saying he didn't want to go.  He made sure to stay by my side.  Well, it was finally time to go into the baptistery where he was able to watch the first little girl get baptized.  He decided that he wanted to watch the second so I took Paxton to the front along with Quinn.  Once he realized it looked like a mini swimming pool and the dunking didn't seem so bad, he decided he wanted to get in.  He tried to take off his clothes and I told him not to.  Then he started to cry once he realized he couldn't get in and get baptized too.  Since we were in the front with the rest of the kids a lot of people heard our conversation and knew what was going on.  They started laughing.  Well, for FHE that week we had a lesson on baptism to help him understand a little bit more.  We actually had another baptism the next weekend.  Let's say, this experience was better.
  • Quinn has started going to Sunbeams.  He states he doesn't want to be a sunbeam because he thinks he is literally going to turn into one.  I sing the song for him and explain it to him.  He is okay with going as long as we call it Primary instead.  He loves it!  He has a great teacher.  He had a substitute last week.  This was his comment on the way home; I don't like that brother, I want my sister back.  She died. (His substitute was Brother Dipo and his teacher is Sister Thompson.  He just calls them Brother and Sister.) I don't know where he got that she died.  I'm thinking that he missed his teacher last week.
  • If any of you know Quinn you would know that he has struggled with constipation (since 6 months of age while only breast feeding).  Well, for the last 2 weeks or so we have figured out his diet so that he doesn't get constipated.  His poo has been so loose.  He has learned to not stop it.  He used to since he was so afraid of pooping.  It would cause him a lot of pain.  Now, I can't get the kid to stop pooping.  It has been great!  This might seem weird that I'm so happy about it.  It sure beats a kids in pain, having it be so long that he's gone that he needs an enema or a suppository.  When he does go he has blood from tearing.  I would just cry and wish I knew what to do for him.  I wish I could take the pain away.  We have struggled with this for so long.  It is nice to finally figure it out and have him be regular and healthy.  We have been praying for help.  I know He has helped us with this issue.  The saddest thing; I told Quinn one night when he was struggling that I was going to say a prayer for him.  He told me not to because prayer doesn't work.  That broke my heart that he thought that.  We have prayed for it before.  Since he was still struggling he thought that Heavenly Father wasn't answering our prayers.  I said a prayer anyways and pleaded with Heavenly Father.  He was able to go on his own.  I was so thankful.  I was able to say to my little boy; Heavenly Father is real, He does hear us, He knows our struggles, He is there to help us, He will answer our prayers.  Ever since then things have been so much better.  Quinn will say things like Heavenly Father loves me because He's helping me to poo.  What a miracle!!!  He also tells me what he can eat and what he can't.  For example, if there's cheese on a casserole he'll say I can't eat that because it's bad for my poos.  He'll have me take it off.  He's so willing to eat salad, vegetables, fruit, etc. because he knows it won't hurt him.  His diet has become a lot more healthy.  (On a side note; Paxton is the exact polar opposite of Quinn.  He has the runniest, most acidy poos I've ever seen.  It just eats at his bum and it becomes so raw it bleeds.  He needs the more constipating foods.  His diet is complete opposite of Quinn.  This makes meal time a little more challenging.)
  • One of the things I love is our nightly ritual.  After we read stories, Quinn has to be the one to yell for dad telling him it's prayer time.  He does such a good job and every time it makes Mike and me both laugh.  I guess you just have to hear it.  Dad, Prayer Time!
  • We were at the park and I had to go the bathroom.  The bathrooms were closed for winter so I went outside.  Quinn was watching and he asked, "Wow, you have bum pee?"  He thought it came out of my bum.  Quinn went previous to me.  When I went to the van for some wipes Paxton had gotten into his puddle of mud.  It was all over his hands.  Of course, he got into my puddle too.  Luckily, he had gloves on so I was able to just take them off.



No comments: