Friday, January 24, 2014

Anniversary

 We went to Utah for a Jazz game as a feeble attempt to celebrate our anniversary.  I was so excited because Mike and I usually don't really do anything big for our anniversary.  We usually have dinner and call it good.  I wanted to do something different this year.  I wasn't sure what there was to do in Utah.  We thought that this would be something that we could both enjoy.  I was so excited to stay the night and to be away...even if it wasn't for long.  I'll take any break I can get!  I loved that I could have Mike all to myself.
 
 Mike wanted to do some research on mattresses.  He didn't want to do it here in Idaho Falls since everyone knows him and knows he works for Mattress Firm.  So, guess what?!?  Our first stop was Denver Mattress.  How romantic!  Once his research was finished the real fun began...well kind of...
 
We went to check-in to our hotel because honestly we didn't think we had time for anything else before we were headed off to dinner.  We were trying to take pictures but for some reason I couldn't get my camera to work.  I happened to ask Mike if he could figure it out.  We were in the bathroom area so that is where these pictures were taken.
Mike wanted to try Tuscanos because he's heard how good it was.  It a Brazilian place where they come around with meat on big skewer looking things and cut off a piece for you to try.  There were so many different kind of meats.  Mike was so excited to eat there.  Once he had it and knew what it was, he actually wasn't that impressed with it.  I think I enjoyed it more than him.  I went because he was excited.  I think we should have tried a different place.  It was fun and good to try something new and different. 
Back in December, my sisters and I went to Utah for a surprise getaway for my Mother's birthday.  Marlise told us of Barbara Walter's theory that if you open your mouth while taking a picture it looks like you're having extreme fun.  I told Mike about it so we thought that we would try it.  I don't think it worked very well for us.
 
Now off to the big game!!!  It took us forever to figure out where will call was to get our tickets.  It felt like we were walking in circles...I guess because we were.  We finally found our seats.  So, when I purchased our tickets, on the website there a picture of what your view will look like.  I showed Mike and we didn't think that it would be that bad.  We did it.  What we didn't know was that they were the most further up seats you could go...talk about nose bleed.  We were on the very top; the very last row.  Mike explains it as that he was able to put his hand behind him and eat off the plate of those behind him.  We waited for the game to start and marched downward to find better seats.  There was this guy on seat patrol so we had to sneak around him.  We moved at a very good time.  Since we moved right away, it looked like we belonged there.  If we would have waited, it would have seemed more fishy.
 
Well, a group walked in and you guessed it...we were in their seats.  We hopped seats up a row.  I was so paranoid I kept watching people come in looking for their seats.  I was sure we would have to move again but luckily we didn't.
This is the first view from our top row nose bleed seats.
Notice the wall behind us?  Told ya, that was as far up as you could go!
Mike shooting a basket...

This is our much improved view.  We were still pretty far away.  Half of the time I was watching the little men on the floor and the other half I was watching the big screen TV.
On our way home, there was a bad snow storm.  We couldn't see a thing.  It wasn't so bad at first but we decided to stop at Temple Square.  The original plan was to go to the temple but we realized that Mike's recommend was expired.  Once we left Temple Square we couldn't see a thing.  We didn't think it was wise to travel in that kind of weather.
 
Mike heard of another place called Smash Burger.  He was interested in trying it so we stopped to kill time.  It's similar to Five Guys but Five Guys is so much better.  Once again, Mike wasn't all that impressed.  The guy that worked there learned that we were from out of town so he was telling us about all of these different places we needed to try.  He mentioned a place called Moochies and how good it was.  I can't remember the guy's name right now but Mike could tell you, but he visited the place.  That peaked quite an interest with Mike so we went there too.  We shared a meal so we didn't have a lot to eat.
 
Moochies is a place of sub sandwiches.  I don't really like those kind of things.  Mike couldn't decide between the Meatball Sub or the Philly Cheese Steak.  He chose the Meatball Sub.  He couldn't eat a whole lot of it but he said it was good for a Meatball Sub.  He wants to try something else from there next time.
 
There's another place called The Pie that serves pizza.  We'll have to stop there next time we are down.
 
Obviously, we made it home safely after many stops on the road.  I'm sure it wasn't fun traveling with a pregnant woman but Mike was so good about it.  Our boys missed us and they were excited when we got home.  It was good to see them too.

No comments: