Monday, December 29, 2008

Two years down and eternity to go

Mike and I woke up this morning and I told him that he should go into his work late to be sent home early. To be caught up to speed, Mike's manager is tightening things up by creating some new rules. One of them is if you're even one minute late you'll be sent home. Earlier in the month Mike had asked for the day off and was told no. Anyway, although I was somewhat kidding and somewhat serious, he ended up doing what I had suggested. As for me, my work is wonderful and flexible. I make up my own hours.

We went to Lava Hot Springs. There was no other place that we could have gone, with it being winter, and been sweating up a storm. There were many people walking around just in their swim suits and not even the slighest cold. I could only put part of my body in the water because otherwise I would have just overheat.

It was such a nice day to go. It was really warm for a winter day and the roads were all nice and clean.

We came home and took some time to adjust back to the cold weather. We got ready to go out to dinner. Thanks to our neighbors for a gift card, we went to AppleBees. Neither of us had really eaten there before and we were quite impressed.





Mike is so awesome and had a really good idea. He had been planning for us to do this for quite some time. We each had a can of silly string and had a fight around the house. It only lasted for about 5 minutes but it was one of the funnest things that I had done in a long time. I thought that it would be really messy but it wasn't all that bad to clean up. Of course, we topped the night off with alcohol.

One more thing...these images were taken with my camera phone. I left my camera at my parents and this was the best we had for taking pictures. Thus the reasoning for the not great quality.

1 comment:

Kari said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

I can't believe that it is 2 years already!!