Saturday, October 12, 2013

The Train Show

 
Quinn absolutely loves trains.  Of course, we had to go to the train show.  I told Quinn about it and he kept track of when it was on his own.  He would look at the calendar every day in anticipation.  The morning of the train show he woke me at 5:00 saying it was time to go.  I told him to go back to bed since it didn't even open until 9:00.  He waited outside my door until I got out of bed.  He called this our date.  He would say, "Mom, do you want to go on a date with me?" 

I wanted to take Quinn alone without Paxton.  I knew Quinn could stay all day if I let him.  Paxton would tire and get bored easily.  Grandma Karen met us there.  She took Paxton and Quinn and I was able to stay till a little past nap time.  He agreed to not have stories read to him so he could stay a little longer.  It was a good thing I packed us a lunch or else we would have been starving.

Last year he just loved watching the trains go round and around.  He would run with them to keep up with them.  He was so cute about his excitement.  He had a few people engrossed in watching him because of his enthusiasm.  This year was a little bit different.  He thought the trains were cool and enjoyed looking at them.  He didn't have near the energy that he had last year.  He found a table where they sold electric trains.  They had one set up and they let kids try them out.  Once he learned of this and figured out how to run it; he was in love.  He would not move from that station no matter what.  He spent hours there.  Of course there were other kids that were interested in it too.  They would come and go.  I told him when there were other people he had to move and let them try it and then he could go right back to it.  He was very good and obedient about it.  It was a good thing I made friends with those at the booth.  They had a bench so I sat there with him and waited.  I knew he loved it so much that I didn't mind sitting there.  The whole day was for him anyways.
To get Quinn out the door I told him he could go ride the train.  He was super ecstatic about that.  I put Paxton in and he was okay with it until the train started to move.  He cried the whole time.  I didn't dare take him out just in case something would happen.  I don't think they wanted me to anyways.  He had to endure the ride.  Paxton went home right after this.  Quinn was a lucky duck and they let him ride the train twice.

No comments: