Sunday, October 27, 2013

Halloween Party at Grandma Karen's house

Quinn is really funny about Halloween.  He says he wants to be Spiderman or Thomas the Train but when it's time to actually get dressed into his costume he doesn't want to wear it.  In a way, it's kind of frustrating.  How am I supposed to help a child when he himself doesn't even know what he wants?

We had a Halloween Party over at Grandma Karen's.  The plan was to be Thomas the Train but at the last minute he changed his mind and wanted to be Spiderman.  I couldn't get him to put it on.  I wasn't about to fight him over it.  It just wasn't worth.  I just brought them with us.  He put it on for about 2 seconds.

Karen had lots of games planned for the kids.  They had a ball with all of them.  They played fishing, the doughnut hole game, and frosting cookies.  I think there were more games but my mind is failing me now.

You have to know that during this time the boys were super sick.  I took them to the doctor and they were diagnosed with walking pneumonia.  I was so glad to have a diagnosis because looking at them they didn't seem that sick.  They would just run around like there was nothing wrong.  They would work themselves up and then just cough and cough.  Night time was the worst.  I was worried to take them out.  I didn't want to expose them to anything else while there immune system was down.  Uncle Wyatt and his Kirsten came to visit during this week.  I figured our house and Grandma's house was okay.

This was the week that Mike also had to student teach.  It was a busy busy week.  The week before and the week after wasn't all that bad.  Mike wasn't supposed to student teach until the next week.  That would have worked better for us since Wyatt wouldn't have been in town.  Hopefully by then the boys would feel better too. 

I remember staying up late so Mike could bounce ideas off of me for his lessons or so that he could practice.  A lot of times we wouldn't get home until way late.  I wanted him to do the best that he could.  We really want this.

 This is basically how they treated Wyatt the whole time he was here; as their personal punching bag.  Wyatt was really patient with them and seemed to enjoy playing with them.  These little boys are so full of energy so it was so nice to have Wyatt there to help them get it out.






No comments: