Monday, October 28, 2013

Playing in the Leaves

I have a love/hate relationship with this time of year. I hate the fact that the weather is changing and around the corner is snow. I definitely hate raking those leaves. I love our trees except for this time of year when they are so messy!

It was a beautiful and decided I was going to try to tackle this annoying tedious task.  The boys made it more fun.  I love their spirit and energy.  I love seeing the little things through their eyes.  They looked at this like such fun.  Immediately, this changed my attitude.

I was nervous having them outside being sick.  They needed to get out and run around.  They were running circles in our house.  I can't believe how much energy they have for being sick. 

I had started coughing and not feeling well.  I thought I had to be awake anyways; why not do something?  Mike had come home and told me to not overdo it.  He was so concerned about me.  He stayed outside and helped.  He had a lesson to plan.  He had just gotten off work.  He wasn't feeling the best either.  This little act showed he loved me. 

He was right.  I got tired fast and started fading.  I needed to save my energy for the boys so I didn't finish raking the leaves.  Mike had made us lunch and that was a good reason to break.



Quinn running and jumping into the pile of leaves.


Quinn saw me rake the leaves.  Once the leaves weren't really into a pile anymore, he would take the rake and pile the leaves back up.  I was impressed.  He didn't ask for my help.  He just did it!

No comments: