Monday, February 18, 2013

Life Lately

Just a quick post...
This is Paxton on Valentine's Day.  He wanted to help with some Valentines.

This is what Quinn has been doing to keep himself busy while being stuck inside.  He put together his train track starting in the living room and it circles around through the kitchen and back.  He puts his battery operated trains on the track and watch them go round and round.  He loves when it comes to visit him while he's supposed to be eating.

Quinn has been playing with his dog "Scout."  Scout will say that he's hungry and wants some cheese.  Quinn puts Scout in his chair and will get it for him if he can.  This time he wanted a little bit more.  I made him (actually Quinn obviously) a corn dog.  There was some leftover.  I got distracted and forgot to take it off the tray before putting Paxton in.  Well, Paxton devoured the rest of the corn dog.  He took bites and chewed the whole thing.  He loved it!

Random things from throughout the week....

-I think I need to step it up when I teach the lessons on Sunday in Young Women.  The person that I team teach with gives awesome lessons.  I feel like mine are not the same.  I definitely have learned a lot from her and appreciate all she does.  I feel her love from the time she spends in planning each lesson.  I hope the girls can feel it too.

-Since we haven't been to church for a while due to sicknesses, Quinn had a hard time going to nursery this last Sunday.  I hope this is temporary.  I let him cry and he calmed himself down.  I never had to go back in. :)

-We got our first bountiful basket and am not quite sure what to think of it...like if it's worth it or not.

-Quinn has started this shy act when he doesn't want to "deal" with people.  He has learned that usually gets rid of them quick.  I'm glad others haven't figured this out and just assume is literally shy.  Quinn is not shy and never has been.  He is a mama's boy and likes to have me close.

-Quinn has a new infactuation.  It's with dinosaurs.  His new favorite show is The Dinosaur Train.  He'll go around the house singing the theme song.  It's way cute and funny.  When we go to the library he finds all he can about dinosaurs.  His favorite books include dinosaurs and trucks.

-We have started going to the library again.  I used to go every week but that changed when Paxton was born.  I thought we would get back to going sooner but Paxton was colicky, then teething, then sick, then....etc. so we just haven't.  Quinn loves story time and Paxton is just chill.  Paxton loves to get out and see new scenery.  He hates riding in the car.  So, it does get hard to get out when he just cries.

-I upgraded both of the boy's car seats.  Paxton has Quinn's old one and Quinn now sits in a booster.  Oh, how I love it!  Paxton can see me and I can access him a lot easier.  Quinn is a whole lot easier to get in and out of the car...and much faster.  I think Paxton is more comfortable in his because his other one was getting too small.  He doesn't cry as much now that he can see me.  I think going places will be a whole lot nicer.

-We will be having a new vehicle to drive here shortly.  It's a van.  It's not new but it's still will be nice to have.  Since I just upgraded the boys' car seats, right now I can reach them both.  I'm worried I won't be able to in the van.  I have always pictured myself someday needing to drive a van due to our family size, etc. but never thought I would have to give up my car this soon.  I thought I would be driving a van when our third child was about to be born.  Still, it's a blessing to have this van and I am not complaining.

-Paxton does not like baby food anymore.  I don't know if he really ever did.  Now, he refuses to eat it.  He wants what we are having.  He does let us feed him when he's super hungry because it's a lot faster that way.  He likes to try to do things himself.  Quinn at this age never let us feed him and had already figured out how to use silverware.  Paxton still needs to conquer that.

-My sister recently had a baby and I haven't been able to see him yet.  I haven't seen my other siblings baby's either.  This makes me sad!

Well, that is all I can think of for right now on the top of my head.  Ta ta...

No comments: