Monday, February 18, 2013

Crazy, Crazy, and More Craziness!!!

This has been some of the hardest days of being a parent so far.  Maybe, it's because I don't remember and this experience is more recent.  Also, I have two boys as opposed to one.

I swear Paxton has only had a number of good days; between his colickiness, teething, and being sick.  For Quinn teething was no big deal but with Paxton it's going to be the end of me!

Paxton has been teething (I think he thinks he's in a competition of some sort) and has had numerous double ear infections.  It's the same routine.  Paxton is feeling miserable.  He doesn't eat, he doesn't sleep.  I claim that all he knows how to do is cry.  Can you blame him?  I know it's not his fault he's acting that way so I try my hardest to be patient and loving.  I feel bad...because I feel like I can only give so much before I just crash.  Remember, I'm not sleeping either.  My emotions are all over the place.  I think this is worse than having a brand new newborn.  This isn't just once but it's been months. 

I do get a little break when he is on antibiotics but when it wears off or comes out of his system we are back to square one.  He goes back to his miserable state.  It starts all over again.

I took Paxton to the doctor and he even commented how difficult Paxton has been for me.  I'm glad he noticed because yes, I'm in his office a lot. 

We have an appointment on the 20th to see if his most recent ear infections has completely cleared.  If not, he's going to suggest Paxton getting tubes.  We also have one on the 20th of March.  It's his one year appointment but also the doctor wants him to come in frequently to see if we can catch it before it does become an infection.  I think Paxton is becoming immune the antibiotics.

I'm hoping we can figure something out.  I need and want my life back.  I have not done anything.  We have stayed home and just vegged.  What more can you do with a sick baby?  Did I mention that Quinn has been sick during this whole thing too? 

I know things could be a lot worse.  I want things to be better though.  I know to count your blessings and all of that.  I've been doing it and trying to remain positive.

I'm looking forward to spring and a change of pace.  I'm definitely looking forward to no more sickness.  I know that will never happen.  Oh, well!