Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Quinn getting stitches out

When we walked in the nurse had remembered us from our previous visit. She called him super baby because he was such a fighter and from how strong he was. She called in the recruits; three other nurses came in.  Two nurses held him down while one pulled the stitches out.  He did a horrible job.  He opened his wound again.  That's when I noticed that his badge said "student".  He was having a hard time getting the last one out and finally the one that had helped us before took the utensil from him and just took it out.  You'd think that she would have just done it from the start especially since she remembered how hard he fought and him being a toddler.  Mike was not happy about the service we received.  In reality, we should have just taken them out at home.  We had the tools.  Oh well!

2 comments:

Harmon Family said...

I have taken stitches out plenty of times during my externship and was nervous each and every time. I would not have felt comfortable taking his stitches out if i had know how he was when they got put in. So sorry. I would not have let the student do it if I had someone fallowing me either. Especially knowing the story before hand.

chryslers said...

Wow!poor guy kade has a matching eye scar. Not nearly as cool of a story though. It's so fun to see how big he is getting