Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Boating, Pirate Party, and 40th Anniversary Party

Boating...


I'd have to say that Gina is the one that got the party started. Without even thinking or consulting; she just dived right on in. I was impressed because this isn't seen a lot.




They said the water was so cold that it was giving them a headache. Even though they are from Arizona and more pansies than us Idahoans are; I believed them. I waited to get in. I had to watch Mr. Crawler Pants to make sure he didn't take a dip....like Grandma Karen. (She was helping Kade get out of the water and she accidentally fell in with her clothes on...oops! I think it was good since she ended up getting in again and she otherwise wouldn't have.)


Karen was so kind to watch Quinn for me while I rode on the boat. I couldn't help but want to ride the tube as well. So, yes, I did get in. It felt great. I didn't think it was too cold at all. It just made me wish I would've gotten in sooner.



Karen was so awesome to put Quinn to sleep. He was super tired. He actually stayed asleep while we put him in the car. With it being a busy day he needed the sleep desperately. It made it so that we could stay longer as well. Our initial plan was to go when he started to get tired. He usually lasts for about 2 hours before he goes down for his morning nap. We had to wake him to get going too.


I was just getting warmed up when it was time to go. I was the last one to ride the tube so I should feel lucky.


Pirate Party...


We went over to Grandma Sharon's for a weenie roast. Followed eating was Greg and Joy's scavenger hunt. We missed the first part of it since we were trying to put Quinn to sleep in the play pen. (Mike had woken him up to get to the weenie roast on time...bad idea!) He was horrible and so naughty. Putting him to sleep didn't work. We gave up trying because now it was too late. If he did fall asleep he wouldn't sleep that night. We met up with them and saw this...



...and they were trying to hit this... I don't know why....

The craziest thing is that Joy was inside. I didn't get a picture of that. This picture is when they just finished launching their balloons and they are trying to sneak attack her.


Quinn was glad that he got a cut of the treasure chest...even though he doesn't look all that thrilled.

Next up...watermelon eating contest...





Max won out of the kids.

Now for the adults...


Mike won this contest.


Last but not least... A MINUTE TO WIN IT! The object is trying to get the cookie in your mouth without using your hands in less than one minute. The cookie starts on your forehead.

Kids...

Adults...
I won this contest...


The Pirate Party was supposed to be in part a celebration for Gene and Karen for their 40th wedding anniversary. We got them a gift basket and a gift card to Texas Roadhouse.


Happy Anniversary Gene and Karen!

1 comment:

Kari said...

What a great write up and i loved all of the pictures! We had a GREAT time and can't wait for you guys to come for a visit again!!