Sunday, June 5, 2011

Little Birdie Obsession

My mother had invited me out to dinner for my birthday dinner. Oh by the way, she went all out and got crazy. We had some way good ribs. Can you believe that? That was way nice for her to do that for me.

Anyways, we were outside relaxing. Mike had learned there was a nest of birds in the tree. He got curious and decided to climb to see them. He had his fun and eventually got down. Well, some time later, he HAD to go up and visit the birds again. He was telling us about how they had their mouths open like they were ready to eat. I said, "You should feed them a worm!" He dismissed me. Then Marlise says, "I'm sure there are lots of worms in the garden." Mike was getting all excited. He stated that he wouldn't have even thought about getting worms if it wasn't encouraged.

It was then time for pie. My mom came out with the most delicious chocolate mousse pie ever. They noticed Mike with a shovel in the garden getting ready to dig. They were like; Um, "What are you doing?" He shyly responds, "Looking for worms." Lucky for him all they said was to wait after singing Happy Birthday.

Well, Mike was successful in finding a whole bunch of worms to feed these birds. He very excitedly climbed the tree and took lots of pictures for proof. Let's say the mama Robbin bird was not too thrilled but he didn't get pecked to death or anything. He just chirped a lot at him.

Here are pictures of his adventure.










This was a very good day. We had lots of fun and lots of laughs.

It made me miss Ririe and having space to ourselves. I miss my family too. I need to make it a point to visit more often. It's not like they're super far away.

No comments: