Saturday, July 27, 2013

First 5K Run

I ran my first 5K this morning.  This is quite an accomplishment for me.  Any of you that know me (or that did track with me...how embarassing!) would know that I am horrible at running.  I was always the worst.  I'm not even sure why I tried doing it.  I don't exactly remember but I think I ended up quitting the team.  That was right after they handed out uniforms (I don't remember what they're called) and I didn't get one because I was so bad.  They were only given to the upper classman which I happened to be and I still didn't get one.  I couldn't take the humiliation anymore!

I was still bad in college, etc. Anyways, you get the picture.  This is why I feel good about this time.

I have another 5K in August.  I hope to improve my time.  I want to do it in 30 minutes.  Today I wish I would've pushed myself a little harder but was afraid to.  I thought I would push too hard and have to stop.  I did not want to stop.  The race went by so fast.  It's all a blur now.  I do remember thinking it was a lot easier than I had anticipated it being.

The weather was perfect too.  It's been lightly raining so it's partly cloudy.  The temperature is cool.  I'm so glad it wasn't bloody hot. 

I loved getting all of the free stuff too.  Just at regristration there was free frozen yogurt and Jimmy John's.  Quinn and Paxton loved trying all of the frozen yogurt flavors.  Then after the race I got my calfs massaged.  My calfs are ultra sensitive and the massage was really needed.  It hurt but felt great!

It was a great first experience 5K run.  The only thing that would make it better would be to have my family there at the finish line.  I think they're planning to be there in August. :)

1 comment:

Kari said...

Way to go! There is nothing better than the free stuff that you get as well as seeing your family at the finish line!