Thursday, May 24, 2012

Quinn's 2nd birthday bash

Quinn basically had a week long birthday.  We celebrated on his actual day and had a party for him on the weekend after (Sat. May 26).  We decided to wait so that more people could join and it was more convenient for us.  We also decided to join my birthday with Quinn's birthday.  This year I was not happy with the fact I was another year older. 

We had our fun with Quinn.  When we sang it was "Happy Birthday to Quinn" not me also.  So, I had forgotten that we agreed to do it together.

Mike told me that there was a surprise for me also but after everyone had left.  It was at G-ma Sharon's house.  She lives down the street from Gene and Karen now.  So, we just walked there with the kids in tow. 

I was handed a huge, giant, heavy box.  I had no idea what it was (which I love because I love surprises!!!)  I eagerly opened my present and found a red kitchen aid.  I've always wanted one of these.  I was so excited to make something too.  G-ma said I could make her a pie (which I actually did but ended up eating it instead).
 
Quinn eating his lunch which was his birthday cupcake.  I made him strawberry flavored ones. Mmm!

G-ma Karen gave Quinn his birthday present on his actual birthday because she didn't want to overwhelm him on Saturday when we were getting together to celebrate my and his birthday together.  I'm glad she gave it to him early because it made it feel more like his birthday.

Quinn loves bubbles and of course had to make them part of his day.

Quinn opening presents at G-ma Karen's on Sat. the 26th of May.

It took him a few tries but he got them blown out.  They are kind of space far apart.


This was on Quinn's actual birthday.  This is Adam our neighbor.  It was his birthday too.  They were nice to include Quinn in on their celebrating.

Quinn taking his turn to blow out the candles after Adam blew his out.

The neighbors were nice to give him jewels.

Stuffing his face!

Loving his new ring from the cupcake.

No comments: