Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving was a fun time for us. Mike had been anticipating this day for about 2 months. This was the day that he could tell our big news! Yup, I'm pregnant! I made sure he didn't say anything to anyone because I wanted to be at least 12 weeks along before anyone knew. Mike was so used to keeping his mouth shut that when Thanksgiving morning came he didn't seem anxious to call his family. Once he started making the calls he had a blast telling everyone.

We made a special trip over to his grandparents to tell them the news. They were getting ready to leave so when we arrived I blurted our news, gave them a hug, and left.

Mike and I arrived at my parents around 1:00 and dinner wasn't until 3:30. I was kind of feeling nervous the longer I had to wait. The funny thing is that Uncle Ron came to me and asked when we were planning on starting my family. That was a hard question to avoid and it took everything I had to keep a straight face. I got away by claiming that I had to go to the bathroom.

I decided a while ago that I was going to tell my family around the Thanksgiving table when my Dad had us go around the table and say what we were thankful for. Unfortunately, that didn't happen. I was anxious and was having a hard time find the "right" moment since Mike and Uncle Ron continued talking. When there an ounce of a second lull in the conversation, I raised my hand and said, "Um, I have an annoncement. I'm pregnant" There was an audible gasp followed by complete silence. After I confirmed I was serious then came congratulations and questions.

So...I'm due June 10, 2010.

2 comments:

Tyler and Caryn said...

Great story. You've done a lot of updating since I last checked your blog! It's fun to read all your posts.
On another note, I like all the pictures you have on the sidebar of your blog. I think I've taken about half of them! :)

Jessica said...

Yay Ang! Congrats! you've been busy w/all of your posting! Let me know if you need anything.