Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Quinn's birthday surprise at Leo's and updates

June 3

Quinn had been asking to go to Leo's and if he could invite a friend.  I asked who he would pick if he could go.  He picked his friend Jacen. I rearranged a time and with his mom.  We had to wait since Jacen ended up getting sick.  We just did it the week after.  This whole time I didn't tell Quinn.  I just told him I had a surprise for him.  He was excited!  On the way there he guessed what it was and guessed that Jacen was meeting us there.





Today: June 10

She was responding to me and giving me such big smiles.  No, they weren't gas.  I thought it was so cute!


Quinn loves to be with Kayzley.  He will sit and try to entertain her.  Lots of times I'll see Kayzley with a transformer or some sort of toy.  She's almost always covered in his blanket (the one in this picture).  It was on her but I took it off just prior to the picture being taken. 

Quinn loves taking care of her.  If she's in her bouncy chair he will rock her.  If she's crying he will sing to her.  It actually works too.  Quinn and Paxton both love to give her the binky.  Sometimes Quinn is so helpful that when she is being good she will cry.  He's always asking what he can do to help with her.  He tells me when she's hungry or needs her diaper changed.  It's so cute.  He's such a good big brother.

Kayzley is so smart.  When the bigger humanoid approaches, she is fine but when the little one is near, she cries. 

I thought Paxton would be a little bit more mean to her and more aggressive.  He's been awesome with her too.  The only thing is that he gets so jealous of both Quinn and Kayzley.  That's when he gets mean.  He cries and whines and carries on for such a long time.  He will bite and hit.  He cusses everyone out too.  Honestly, I'm not sure how to handle him sometimes.  He's such a different person now.  He's gotten better and I hope with more time he will continue to improve.  I try to love him and cuddle him.  I want him to know I still want to be with him.  It's hard to divide my attention out evenly.  They all demand so much and have so many needs.  Sometimes I feel overwhelmed trying to give them the love they need...and trying to do my housewife duties too.  I wouldn't change anything.  We'll figure things out with time.

Since Paxton has been sick he has needed more time and attention.  He's been so needy.  I know he's miserable.  He has a cold too besides his ear infections.  His ear hurts also from chasing with Quinn the other day and piercing it.  I'm not sure what he hit but whatever it was gave it to him good.

It has been so much fun having Kayzley around.  I love having a girl!  She is seriously the best baby ever!  She was sick this last week and was completely amazed and baffled at how well she handled it.  She had the stomach flu and now has an upper respiratory infection.  She tries to sleep but has a hard time due to acid reflux.  She has the hardest time burping.  I took her to the chiropractor to see if he could help.  That was when she started to throw up.  I thought it was because of what he was doing.  Then the chiropractor told me that he had the same symptoms and thought that he got it from Kayzley.  I took her in to make sure she didn't have anything more.  We found out that Paxton had a double ear infection.  I was so glad that we chose to have Paxton looked at.

Kayzley wakes me once or twice a night to feed...even when she was sick.  She has the hardest time falling asleep but once she is asleep she stays for hours.  I felt so bad for her. 

When we took her to the doctor she was 11 lbs 1.5 oz and when we went back we learned she gained at least a half a pound.  She was butt naked the first time weighed and the next time she had her clothes on.  It was an estimate since we didn't strip her down one the second weight.  She had started eating and doing so much better.  She still isn't feeling the greatest.  She still has her cold and can't breathe.  Poor thing!  I thought she was done throwing up but she threw up early this morning.  :(

1 comment:

Bryan and Karalee said...

Kayzley is so cute!! Holy moly! And what a fun time for Quinn! Looks like you've adjusted easily to baby #3! Good for you! We can't wait to see you guys!