Saturday, July 7, 2012

Class reunion

I'm getting old!  I just had my class reunion.  It was a lot of fun.  We had an adult only night where we went to Pizza, Pie, Cafe in Rexburg.  I thought it was a great idea.  No one had to cook and it was all you can eat.  We reserved a room in the back.  The only problem was that it was so echoy like the inside of a swimming pool.  We all had to talk so loud to hear one another.  It was great to see everyone though.


The next day, Saturday, was for families.  We had a swimming pool with a slide for the kids.  There was wonderful food, make-up for the girls (Russell brought it since it was leftover from where he works), pinatas, water balloon volleyball, and a whole lot of talking.  Betty Chase was so kind to let us use her backyard.

Mike was not able to come with me this time.  He had to work.  I had the kids alone.  I, most of the time, have them alone anyways.  So, it really shouldn't be a big deal.  It seems like, this time, the kids were a little more cranky than usual.  Of course, this happens around people that I haven't seen in a long time.  I suspect they just thought they were tired.

Quinn did get his first real good whack in the head.  He walked behind someone while they were swinging.  He disappeared while I was trying to settle Paxton and then someone tells me that he's been hit.  It wasn't that bad and he didn't cry for long.

Everyone was so kind to help out.  I had people holding Paxton while I dished our plates.  When I nursed, inside the house for more privacy, Jesse helped take care of Quinn.  I had Ty help me to my car.  Etc...these are just a few example of everyone's kindness.

It is good to know that almost anywhere I go, I have a few extra helpers and people who understand what I'm going through.  They're more than willing to help since they too themselves have been there.

Thank you everyone!

No comments: