Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Things I've made...

If felt great in my second trimester. These are the things I'd work on when Quinn was napping and on days I didn't need a nap too.
Quinn would always take our blankets we were using.  I decided that he needed one of his own.  It's definitely helped not getting robbed of mine every other second.  He's not one to share.

I decided to make one for the new baby as well.  Why not?

Car Seat Tent Cover

The hardest part was placing the straps on the handle.  I measured and re-measured it.

Quinn's bed spread...This is the first attempt at making anything like a blanket/quilt.  It was my learning one.  I'm kind of embarrassed because I messed up a lot.  It doesn't look professional.  As I started making it, I wasn't satisfied with the color of green I originally chose.  So, I went back and cut out the green squares and sewed in this new color.  That was time consuming! 

At the same time, I'm somewhat proud of it because, yes, I did finish it and did learn a lot.  My next one will turn out much better.  Now, I"m not all that crazy about the trucks placed over the squares.  I had a brilliant idea but for some reason it didn't turn out as brilliant as planned.

I put paw prints over the windows, door and closet frames.

Crib Bumper

Crib Blanket...I really like how this turned out.

I made these pictures out of the leftover fabric from the blanket.  I liked them until I decided to make a border...another brilliant idea that didn't turn out.  Now, I think they look too busy.  I put them up because I don't have anything else to go on the walls.  The twinkle little star quote was there from when Quinn was little and I decided to not take it off.  I made one more picture but didn't take a snap shot of it. 
I painted the book shelf in the nursery blue and put bins on the shelves to hold toys.  I also painted the dresser.  I think the nursery looks a lot better than when Quinn was little.  It's a lot more organized and seems a little more balanced.  It's still not perfect (I don't think it ever will be) but I'm satisfied with it...for now!

1 comment:

Bryan and Karalee said...

Holy Moly! You were a busy woman!! I think you did a FAB job on everything. Way better than I could do! I am excited for you and to have 2 boys, its busy...I promise. But you will do fantastic! Good luck tomorrow! Love ya!