Monday, September 19, 2011

Quinn's Boo-Boo

Mike and I were watching a movie while Quinn was playing with his toys on the floor.  He came toward me to get my attention.  As he was leaving, he tripped on his blanket, and fell.  I saw that he was falling and tried catching him.  Obviously, I was too late.  His eye hit the corner on the reclining part of the couch.  I knew he hurt but I didn't realize he was bleeding.  I picked him up and held him with his back toward me.  Mike was the one that noticed the blood.

We thought that we would be brilliant and use that liquid band-aid stuff.  Let's just say that is the most horrible stuff ever!  It wouldn't ever dry and apparently it stung when we put it on his wound.  We didn't have any little kid sized band-aides.  Mike decided to go to the store to get some.  On the way back, he stopped at the neighbors, who is an endodontis, and asked him for suggestions.  Mike was super worried about Quinn needing stitches.  Quinn didn't act too hurt so I wasn't too worried.  He was playing and walking around like nothing happened. 

The endodontis friend suggested to super glue it.  That's exactly what we did.  Mike held his head and I was holding onto his legs.  Val did the gluing.  I was impressed.  It dried quickly, it didn't sting, and didn't even come close to getting into his eyes.

2 comments:

Tianna said...

Yeah. Liquid bandage stings on open wounds. I wouldn't suggest it for that. Especially not for kids. I use it on my open wounds only if they're on my hands and regular bandaids would get in the way. (I hate bandaids on my hands!)

Don't throw it out, though. That thing is magic for bug bites. My grandma swore by it for everything. You can also use it on healing wounds (when it won't sting) if it's an awkward place for a bandaid. But really, if you're nervous, try it on your own wounds first, before trying it on your kids. :)

Bryan and Karalee said...

That poor little guy :( I hate to see him hurt. Im glad that he is ok and that the super glue worked. I will have to remember that trick. Hopefully i'll never have to use it, but with biys...your almost bound to have a few accidents! I love that little guy!