Thursday, January 14, 2010

It's a...

We had a doctor's appointment Jan. 12. The doctor said my uterus measured to be bigger than how many weeks I actually was. (I measured to be at 20 weeks when I was actually 18 weeks 5 days.) He wanted to get me in for my ultrasound as soon as possible to see why.





I was instructed to drink 32 oz. of liquid one hour before I arrived for my ultrasound. This was to ensure I had a full bladder. Of course, I was late getting in and had a miserable time holding it.





They started the ultrasound and promised that within a few minutes they'd let me go to the bathroom. Well, it ended up being longer than expected since the baby was in a good position for the tests he was running. I wanted to endure it since I wanted the best pictures of our little one.





Since I was allowed to empty my bladder, I was paranoid that we wouldn't be able to find out the sex. Our baby was being uncooperative for that part of the test beforehand. Fortunately, the baby did move positions and we were able to find out. It's a...








BOY!










During the ultrasound we learned that our baby is doing well and is healthy. We also learned that the baby measured to be at 19 weeks 1 day. They changed my due date from June 10 to June 7.

7 comments:

Bryan and Karalee said...

I am glad that he was being cooperative for you guys! It is so exciting finding out the sex of your baby huh? I can't wait to meet him. He looked so cute in his pictures! So are you guys set on a name yet?

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you guys and can't wait to meet Baby Rockwood! :)

Damien and Ashley said...

that is a great time to have a baby! my first little boy was born on june 7th! you snd caryn's babies are gonna be buds! so excited for you!

Harmon Family said...

Congrats Angie!! That is so exciting. My little boy was born June 6th...maybe they will share a birthday!! Good luck. Hope all is well!!!!

Tyler and Caryn said...

Nice pictures! It definitely looks like a boy! :) I remember how miserable that is drinking that much water and then having to wait to go to the bathroom. I am way excited you're having a boy too! Yay!

chryslers said...

YAAAAA

you guys are going to be such great parents.

Boys are pretty entertaining! You should start your break it, damaged or urgent care visit savings plan early.

G

The Burks est. 2008 said...

yay:)