Saturday, October 23, 2010

THE HALLOWEEN OLYMPICS

Our Halloween Party wasn't your everyday typical Halloween Party. It was funner and way cooler!


Caryn and I had planned some way fun activities. Surprisingly, everyone was cooperative.


EVENT 1: PUMPKIN BOWLING



Right away, after Dale bowled, the pumpkin lost his insides. We put it back together the best we could using tape. As you can see in the other pictures, it worked really well.




Creative!


Mike was really helpful and put the 2 liters back into place for the next bowler.


STRIKE!

I did better in pumpkin bowling than in real bowling. Too bad, my score doesn't even compare! Good news! We had won this event. WAHOO!


EVENT 2: PUDDING PICTIONARY



Sorry for the blurry picture!


This is played like normal pictionary but instead you draw in the pudding. The object was to guess the item being drawn before the other team. Each time had their own pudding. This event wasn't our best. We didn't get any before anyone else.


I don't know who won this event since we didn't keep score.


EVENT 3: BEAN BAG TOSS




I don't remember the scoring exactly but I do know that where my bean bag landed was the highest scoring spot. Even though I got one on exactly we didn't win this round. Caryn and Ty did!

EVENT 4: BOBBING FOR APPLES


This by far was the funniest event.


Sonnet went first...



Before

After



I admit it! Right after I saw Sonnet go I was deathly afraid of my turn. I didn't want to become a drowned rat.



Quinn got super hungry right after so I went into the other room with him. I thought I was off the hook. Nope, they waited. It wasn't as bad as I thought.




They were kind to record it for me!


EVENT 5: FREEZING FEET


The object was to put as many marbles as you can in the other tin before 1 minute hits. This is actually a lot harder than it looks. I'd like to think that I do fairly well picking things up with my toys. I thought I was going to do really good. Well, I was wrong. I only got four. That was about average. Caryn did so good. We thought it was because she went first and the ice hadn't melted. She went again and got so many! We were all impressed.



I'm not sure who the overall winner was. Probably Caryn and Ty because they won the bean bag toss and the freezing feet events.



Coming soon...is a group photo!

No comments: