Saturday, August 15, 2009

Comparison Pictures

As most of you know our house was a disaster when we first bought it. It took a month to clean it up and to also update it. We finished most everything inside of the house last year but this year our big concentration was our yard. We fixed our front last year because we didn't want to be embarrassed. I took some pictures in April and then again in August to see our progress. This is our latest upgrade.

Before



After





Our Garden

BeforeAfter

You notice in the "After" picture our garden is twice the size than in the "Before" picture. My mom gave me some strawberries and not knowing where to put them I had to extend it. I had already planted on the other side. Unfortunately, I had to replant since it had snowed and most of my plants died. There are a few that survived and are growing in the wrong place. For example, two squash plants survived and are growing in my rows of beans. Oh well, they're both alive, healthy, and producing.

I know our garden is small but we're still proud of it. This is our first year having one and we love it. It's so nice to be able to go out in the garden and eat fresh produce and to have vegetables on hand for dinner or other things.

2 comments:

Kari said...

You yard looks great! The kids keep talking about when they went swimming at Mike and Angie's! It was great to see you guys again.

Tyler and Caryn said...

Cute new background! I love having a garden too. We harvested a giant zucchini we're pretty proud of. I'll have to show you. Anyway, your house looks awesome. Your hard work has paid off!